WRPPA is made up of Primary School Principals who make a difference. We are here to support each other and to enhance the education of children at this crucial time in their lives. This website is dedicated to helping you make a difference. Dear Colleagues Wellington Regional Primary Principals' Association continues to be well supported by Principals throughout our region, covering schools in the Hutt Valley, Mana, Otaki-Kapiti, Wairarapa and Wellington areas. Our Executive Team:
- President - Liz Patara
- Immediate Past President - Kaylene Macnee
- Vice President - Louise Green
- Secretary - Ian Dewar
- Treasurer - Liz Rhodes
The objectives of our association are as follows:
- To provide an effective information, support and guidance service.
- To promote informed professional debate on policies and practices that lead to successful education administration in schools.
- To promote co-ordinated effort in securing ongoing quality responses from government, educational agencies, and employer groups on matters pertaining to education in the Wellington region.
- To promote the sharing of initiatives through such activities as research, publications, conferences etc.
- To provide professional and collegial support to school Principals.
- To promote co-operation between all education providers including primary schools, early childhood centres, secondary schools, private schools, integrated schools, and post secondary education institutions.
- To promote opportunities for members to network, support and learn from each other and become more directly involved in the work of the Association.
- To liaise with groups and organisations having similar interests both within New Zealand and overseas.
- To ensure that the Association has sufficient resources to carry out its aims and develop skills and opportunities.
- To honour obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi.
- To represent the interests of school principals on a number of regional organisations in matters pertaining to education.
We continue to listen to issues facing Principals and the executive endeavours to place importance to these issues and make them part of our business at the general meetings. We strongly promote our network as a supportive professional learning community for principals. Wellington Regional Primary Principals' Association encourages all principals to attend our general meetings, functions and seminars to learn from speakers and from each other.
President Wellington Regional Primary Principals' Association.